Subject Leader: Mrs Diane Steinmann-Burnell
Health and Well-Being Teacher: Mrs Ramsden
Our Physical Education Intent
We aim to deliver high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
Aims in teaching Physical Education:
- To stimulate curiosity, imagination, creativity and develop the ability to operate effectively in a technological world.
- To develop the social skills necessary to work as a team, as well as the ability to work independently when the situation demands.
- To encourage confidence in children to enable them to develop ideas, isolate issues and deal with technological problems.
- To have practical experience of focused hands-on tasks, product evaluation and investigation and insight into the processing of designing and making.
- To encourage and develop independence in the safe use of tools and equipment.
- To have some knowledge and understanding of the ever-changing use of technology in the wider world.
- To raise standards in communication, reading, writing and mathematics so that every child makes best progress.
- To value and celebrate diversity in culture and language.
- To ensure equal opportunity - all children are provided with equal access to the English curriculum. We aim to provide suitable learning opportunities regardless of gender, ethnicity or home background.
If you have any questions about the teaching of Physical Education at Martin Frobisher Infant School, please speak to your child's teacher or Mrs Steinmann-Burnell (Physical Education Leader).
Here you will find information on our Sports Premium expenditure and action plans.
Key Stage One Knowledge Organiser PE - Dance - Autumn 2
Reception Knowledge Organiser PE - Fundamentals - Autumn 2
Yorkshire Born Sports Stars...
Let's see what the future holds for our budding sports stars here at Martin Frobisher...
We have recently signed up to GetSet4PE Scheme to use from Nursery to Year 2.
We used our Sport's Premium Funding to purchase our new PE Scheme which will support high quality PE sessions for our children giving them the best possible start on their sporting journey.
Coming soon.... Watch this space for a Monthly Calendar of activities you can do with your children at home to help keep active and healthy.