Art and Design
At Martin Frobisher Infant School, we use the National Curriculum and the Early Years’ Foundation Stage Curriculum as a basis for our planning within the subject, although we see this as only one element in the education of our children. Whenever possible, we teach through a themed, experienced based approach to enable children to embed learning and make connections, leading to a greater depth of understanding within the subject. Our teaching and learning opportunities allow all children to consolidate, build upon and apply basic skills.
Aims in teaching Art and Design:
- To provide a broad and balanced range of art activities.
- To show children’s progress of art skills through the work produced.
- To provide a varied arts curriculum, including experiences from other cultures and traditions.
- To raise and develop children’s self esteem through class and group activities and individual work.
- To give children the opportunity to work with other professionals from the arts community.
- To raise standards in communication, reading and writing so that every child makes best progress.
- To value and celebrate diversity in culture and language.
- To ensure equal opportunity - all children are provided with equal access to the English curriculum. We aim to provide suitable learning opportunities regardless of gender, ethnicity or home background.
If you have any questions about the teaching of Art and Design at Martin Frobisher Infant School, please speak to your child's teacher or Mrs Ramsden (Art and Design Leader)